• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lap Time Database
@kwoolio
Thanks! Appreciate the helpful comments - I’ve opened up turn 11, it helps me more consistently get flat out earlier into the corner even when the grip level is lower (which I’m feeling change depending on the tires and even between days/sessions). Dam turn I’m able to take with a lift instead of breaking now (if I’m smooth I can carry like nearly 10 more miles into the corner but def at the limit with some sliding - trying to stay smooth).

I starting taking your advice and turned off TC for some sessions and found myself spinning actually on turn in - I’ve found that I’ve developed bad habits on trail braking - I have to be aggressive with bleeding off the brake pedal to actually rotate the car (yaw) with TC on, turns out I’m not quite Lewis Hamilton and spun a few times. Any advice on building back up to the limit? I have a mental block that I won’t be able to catch the car esp in the high speed corners if I lose it (don’t mind losing time there since that’s where the least gain is compared to the slow corners and onto straights). Thanks again for the advice

Was able to make those changes and got a 1:27:99 (much hotter day + 2 mistakes that were an easy half second ). I think on a cooler day even with these tires 1:26:00 is my current goal at least with this set up.
I haven't gone out with my Catalyst yet, but I'm digging this thread. I'll run same laps shortly and post back. +1 on learning from others. The car only has one seat having some garmin laps to compare is a good second option for getting helpful feedback on how I can improve.
Latest lap: opened up dam corner though on this lap I did pinch it a little earlier than I had been doing - the back end even slid out a bit but didn't lose much. Turn 2 felt like I didn't finish breaking early enough to get the car rotated and back on power so I lost out on the straight. Turn 3, can break later and V off the corner better for 4. Turn 5 didn't get back on the throttle as early as possible. The rest felt pretty good and was the best I've strung together.. My tires were corded after this so planning to get a set of ECFs since kumho doesn't make the v730 in my size.
Nice lap! What tires were on for this lap and what size are your wheels?
Site Admin / H2R Member. '91 NSX, '89 Fox Mustang, '95 Carrera
Thanks! Tires 225-40-18 and 285-35-18 Michelin PS4S and the tire size is 8x18 and 11x18