• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lap Time Database
Submit Times in this Format: (copy and paste if you must...cntrl + C on your keyboard after highlighting, cntrl + V to paste ...or use mouse right click copy, right click paste

-Layout (cw, ccw)
-Transmission Type
-Driving Mode/Settings
-Aero Package/Option Package/Setup
-Tires
-Conditions/Temp
-Best Time of the day/Session achieved
-Source of lap time(gps logger, phone, stopwatch, etc.)
-Modifications, if any
-Notes (issues experienced, failures, passenger, anything pertinent that you feel affected your time, etc)

Youtube Vid link if available

Pics if you choose to add
-Car: 2023 GR86
-Layout: CW
-Transmission Type: Manual 6MT
-Driving Mode/Settings: Everything off
-Aero Package/Option Package/Setup: Zebulon wing, Racebred splitter, SPL goodies
-Tires: Bridgestone RE-71RS slicks (basically bald)
-Date: 12/28/23
-Conditions/Temp: 63 degrees according to catalyst
-Best Time of the day:: 1:22.41
-Source of lap time: Garmin Catalyst / AIM Solo 2 DL
-Modifications, if any: Zero power mods (198 rwhp from dyno)
-Notes: 

Broke too late into T10, worth a few tenths at least.

https://youtu.be/J8W6c4lDGe0

[Image: BGdU9Rq.jpg]
Kunwoo- that is a really nice lap! Did you ever take a racing school or similar you would recommend?

See you at COTA in a few wks and if you’re out at the hill this week, I’ll be there thurs or fri depending on weather.
Site Admin / H2R Member. '91 NSX, '89 Fox Mustang, '95 Carrera
(01-22-2024, 11:45 PM)likeafox Wrote: Kunwoo- that is a really nice lap!  Did you ever take a racing school or similar you would recommend?

See you at COTA in a few wks and if you’re out at the hill this week, I’ll be there thurs or fri depending on weather.

I’ve taken a lot of driving schools and out of those the Porsche school at Barber is the best one. But IMO the best feedback I’ve ever received was having a Pro sit with me right seat and pointing out the glaring flaws. I’m no pro but I’d be happy to sit with you or anyone to help find time.
- Car: 2011 911 C2
-Transmission Type: PDK
-Driving Mode/Settings: TC on, Sport Plus enabled
-Aero Package/Option Package: none
-Tires: Michelin PilotSport4S
-Date: 01/31/24
-Conditions/Temp: 72 degrees according to catalyst
-Best Time of the day:: 1:28:40
-Source of lap time: Garmin Catalyst 
-Modifications, if any: none
-Notes: Didn’t get the car rotated enough to carry speed with trail breaking into 2, braked a bit early before 3, I think the entry into 7 didn’t use all of the track in before turn in. Can’t really carry much more speed into 6, with my 19” wheels I have wider tires which let me carry 100mph through it with more grip/confidence, the same attempt left me understeering into the run off on my 18”s. Feel like there’s def a lot of time left to grab - but would appreciate any feedback y’all have

Kwoolio - love watching your vids, helped me find a lot of time - would be very appreciative if you had any feedback here on or in the passenger seat. Same at you, likeafox !

What a great lap Jeev! Seems much faster than just a few weeks ago.

One thing I found helpful on the catalyst is looking at the accel/decel data for each segment rather than the 'opportunities' section. Was useful for me to see where I was leaving brake decel and lateral grip on the table.
Site Admin / H2R Member. '91 NSX, '89 Fox Mustang, '95 Carrera
(02-04-2024, 03:24 PM)likeafox Wrote: What a great lap Jeev! Seems much faster than just a few weeks ago.

One thing I found helpful on the catalyst is looking at the accel/decel data for each segment rather than the 'opportunities' section. Was useful for me to see where I was leaving brake decel and lateral grip on the table.

Appreciate it ! That makes a lot of sense, I’ll pour through that data - thanks Dino
(01-22-2024, 06:57 PM)kwoolio- Thats amazing man! Once I finally get my car back from Subaru messing up my engine, Id appreciate if you rode shotgun with me and pointed stuff out. This is Daniel with the pediatric wrapped white 22 BRZ btw. Wrote: -Car: 2023 GR86
-Transmission Type: Manual 6MT
-Driving Mode/Settings: Everything off
-Aero Package/Option Package/Setup: Zebulon wing, Racebred splitter, SPL goodies
-Tires: Bridgestone RE-71RS slicks (basically bald)
-Date: 12/28/23
-Conditions/Temp: 63 degrees according to catalyst
-Best Time of the day:: 1:22.41
-Source of lap time: Garmin Catalyst / AIM Solo 2 DL
-Modifications, if any: Zero power mods (198 rwhp from dyno)
-Notes: 

Broke too late into T10, worth a few tenths at least.

https://youtu.be/J8W6c4lDGe0

[Image: BGdU9Rq.jpg]
@thatkid8

Very nice lap!
I sent you a friend request on the Catalyst lap. I find that comparing the speed graphs with others will help find opportunities.

Your lines look pretty good. Yes, you could probably use more of the track in places, but IMO the primary thing holding you back are those tires.
All that squealing is telling you something, it's near the limit! Which means you are going fast!
In some places I'd suggest opening up the wheel more, you don't have to be tight through 11, nor dam turn.

Have you tried driving with TC disabled?
It's hard to tell but I think you're on throttle in places where you shouldn't be. With TC off it will be a lot more apparent because you'll probably spin or almost lose control.
Don't be afraid to spin, I find it to be a great training aid to find the limits and to adjust as needed.
@Diiaa36

Of course!
Would be happy to sit with anyone.