• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice on picking a car
Hey guys, 

I used to take my 2022 brz to the track and loved it. Due to subaru of austin techs messing up my car I am having to lemon law it. 

I want to get another track car but stay away from subaru engines. 

Right now I am thinking about getting an already prepped track NC or used ND2. I am also 6'6 so either car will get custom rollbars and be mostly and track only car. What do y'all think I should do? 

I am also open to other ideas. As far as budget trying to stay around the 20k range. 

Thanks!
What was your take on the BRZ? Other than the engine, what did you like, and what did you find lacking?
Site Admin / H2R Member. '91 NSX, '89 Fox Mustang, '95 Carrera
(03-03-2024, 01:19 AM)likeafox Wrote: What was your take on the BRZ? Other than the engine, what did you like, and what did you find lacking?
I loved the BRZ. With the flex fuel tune power and pep were perfect. Chassis and suspension from oem was way above standard. A bit more body roll then I wanted and not enough camber adjustment but minor thing.i didnt fit in the oem seat so a racetech seat solved that. The paint sucked and chipped easily. Oem brakes are shit switched to track pads. Otherwise the car was great.
My opinion below, eager to hear from others.

So having a car you liked so much- I would consider just getting another one. Sounds like you got unlucky with the engine, might not happen again.

A few other options along similar lines, NC or ND2, Elise, early cayman/boxster.

More work/cost/oldness options, good aftermarket support: e36, e36, 996, 997.

Less common good options: E82 (I had one, loved it), rx8, focus RS

Then if you want to spend a bunch of money on tires and gas: s197 and s550 mustangs, modern Camaros, C5/C6.

If you’re looking to maximize track time per dollar, I would try to maximize reliability (newness) and pick something with common, smaller tires. Miata and BRZ, basically.
Site Admin / H2R Member. '91 NSX, '89 Fox Mustang, '95 Carrera